Dearborn Criminal Defense Lawyer Ready to Take Your Side
Michigan law firm fights for the accused in range of criminal cases
If you have been charged with a crime, you are worried about your freedom, your finances and your reputation. You deserve a seasoned, skilled lawyer you can count on to protect your rights. At The Khuja Law Firm, PLLC in Dearborn, we bring our broad practice experience to bear in championing your defense. Lead attorney Jamil Khuja is a former assistant prosecuting attorney in Wayne County, having tried thousands of felony cases successfully. He now applies his more than 10 years’ experience to aggressively defend clients accused of state and federal crimes throughout Michigan.
A recognized proponent of defendants’ rights
With your freedom, property, career and even personal relationships at stake in a criminal proceeding, choosing a lawyer capable of providing a vigorous defense is critical. Our clients come to us because we are:
- Accomplished advocates — We have a strong background in the techniques of trying cases effectively to juries and are skilled in developing strategies and tactics tailored to each case.
- Aggressive litigators — We present our clients’ cases forcefully yet professionally at all times and we don’t back down in the face of powerful opposition.
- Ready to go to trial — We never encourage clients to take plea deals that are not in their best interest. If asserting your rights at trial is the better path, we are prepared to pursue it.
Our lead attorney has been recognized for his skills and abilities by legal organizations such as the National Trial Lawyers and the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys. He has earned the highest possible rating — 10.0 — on Avvo, a website that ranks lawyers based on client reviews.
An aggressive defender against the full range of criminal charges
You can count on our firm to provide a strong criminal defense in cases of all types and levels of complexity, including:
- Sex crimes — We are well-versed in the defense of charges of criminal sexual conduct — Michigan’s term for cases commonly known as rape, sexual assault and sexual contact — and other sex crimes that may carry not only penal consequences but also the ongoing stigma of sex offender registration.
- Drug crimes — We provide a diligent defense for clients charged with drug crimes such as possession, distribution and manufacture of illegal substances.
- Gun/weapons crimes —We are adept in representing people charged with gun or weapons crimes such as trafficking or using a gun during the commission of felony.
- DUI/DWI — If you’ve been charged with DUI/DWI offenses involving alcohol or drugs, whether for the first time or as a repeat offender, we’ll work to achieve a favorable outcome.
- Violent crimes — We defend clients charged with crimes of violence ranging from assault and battery to domestic violence to homicide cases, taking all measures to protect constitutional rights.
- Federal crimes — We have extensive experience defending against federal criminal charges, including white collar crimes such as commercial fraud, insider securities trading, embezzlement, bribery and dishonest schemes.
Based on our past experience on the prosecution side, we know how to analyze the strength of the government’s case and to anticipate their arguments, which works to the advantage of our clients.
Contact an experienced Michigan defense attorney for a free initial consultation
Don’t take a chance on your future. Contact The Khuja Law Firm, PLLC in Dearborn for the aggressive criminal defense you deserve. Call us at 313-263-3353 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. We represent clients throughout Michigan.